Retinal Biochemistry and basic metabolism
- Reviews on retinal metabolism:Retina Metabolism Review 2017, Metabolic and redox signaling in the retina, 20117
- Glycolysis regulates outer segment synthesis Cepko Lab 2017
- Pyruvate stimulates the pigmentation and maturation in RPE cell line-IVOS 2011.
- Mitochondrial pyruvate carrier: 1) Identification-Science 2012-Rutter; Science 2012-Martinou; 2) Review: Mitochondrial Pyruvate metabolism review papers. Biochem J 2015; Cell Mol Life Sci 2014; Curr Opin Cell Biol 2015; Trends Biochem Sci 2016; 3) Recent research:MPC inhibition in neuron; MPC in myocardio IR 2016
- Review papers on RPE special issue in Experimental Eye Research. RPE protein polarity and transport 2014.
- Transport of liquid and metabolites is an essential function of RPE cells. What transporters are expressed on RPE apical or basal side? How are metabolites transported? A proteomic MRM targeting 41 transporters on hfRPE and ARPE-19 cells, 2017; CITRATE transport in brain 2016;SLC13 Inhibitor; SLC transporters as drug target_nature Review; Sodium-Coupled transporter_Anual Review, SLC_ABCs_2013
- How to do metabolic flux analysis. Nature Protocol 2008.
- Nictinomide rescues the inflammation, drusen protein and complement pathway activation in AMD-patient derived iPSC-Cell Stem Cell 2017
- Review papers on Proline metabolism. Inborn errors of proline metabolism 2008; proline supplementation_safe at 488 mg/kg/d 2008;
- Research papers on Proline metabolism.Plasma Proline kinetics 1990;
- Mitochondrial metabolism in retinal diseases? The location of mitochondria 2008; Mitochondrial energy metabolism and light damage 2015
- Glucose metabolism enzymes expression in the retina Mol Vision 2016;
- NAD metabolism NAD Metabolism and control of energy Review_Auwerx J 2015;NR supplement_Brenner 2016;
- Metabolism gene expression Retina-Drop Seq_Cell 2015
- Lipid: Fatty acid Analysis 2011 BBA; Cholesterol in the retina 2010
B. Retinal Pigment Epithelium (RPE)
C. Imaging metabolism with labeled metabolites or sensors
1. Using azide-proline to image collagen in live cells. RCS 2015.
D. Diabetic Retinopathy
1. Changes in glycolysis and TCA cycle intermediates in retina, kidney and nerves-JCI 2016
E. Retinal Degeneration
1. Changes of metabolites in DHA, All-trans retinal and others in photoreceptor degeneration with or without RPE cells- Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci. 2016.
2. Genetic diseases with macular and choroid degeneration Pediatric genetic macular and choroid disease JPG 2014